The benefits of bone broth.
About 90% of the women who come to see me in my practice with hormonal imbalances have some form of leaky gut, constipation, allergies, adrenal fatigue and IBS. Why does the health of your gut affect your hormones? Quite simply if your gut is not functioning normally you won’t be able to absorb the vitamins and nutrients you need to have happy and healthy hormones PLUS it will give you strong nails and luscious locks!
I make bone broth on a weekly basis and use it every day. I drink a cup of it for breakfast or lunch usually, I use it as a base for soups, I use it to cook quinoa, you can also use it to cook pasta, rice – pretty much anywhere where you would use filtered water, use bone broth.
I use a lot of bones in my broth, generally I use 2 backs with necks and half an order of feet. The bones I purchase from Back To Nature Organics are large so their chickens are a little older than some companies. The smaller the bones the younger the chicken.
You might be asking “ok Maggie” but do I really need bone broth in my life”. Yes! and not just for your hormones.
1.If you have an issue with iron absorption, healing your gut can really help. If your having to take an iron supplement to boost your levels having a healthy gut can greatly improve your chances of absorbing the iron properly.
2. Some have called bone broth the missing protein. Its high in protein that can be easily digested which makes it great choice for those with digestive issues
3. Our gut bacteria play a major role in estrogen metabolism and its effect on “developing postmenopausal estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer“.
4. Due to the collagen and other minerals such as glutamine its fabulous for healing the gut and preventing leaky gut.
5. The collagen content (upted when you add in chicken feet) helps ease aching joints and Arthritis.
6. It boosts the immune system and has been proven to help with allergies, asthma and respiration.
7. Its great for your skin! Collagen integrity is accredited with helping reduce the visible signs of wrinkles, decreasing puffiness and fighting various other signs of aging.
8. Boost Detoxification. Bone broth contains potassium and glycine, which support both cellular and liver detoxification.